Thursday, July 1, 2010

restless.

Nick: I think I've got restless heart syndrome. That's why I'm a lover.
Me: I've got restless everything syndrome. That's why I'm not.

Now, while I won't talk about Nick's assessment of himself (haha), I think this conversation accurately sums up a lot about me. It was just a thought I had during that conversation, and I think it's very true. I tend to get restless. It's a constant feeling I have, not something that really goes away unless I find something very "true". And even then, I can convince myself that there is something better out there. Well, maybe better isn't the right word... maybe "different" and "new" are better words. I tend to want to run the second anything gets really serious, and I always make these weird arbitrary decisions and screw things up. I always convince myself that I want something then I all of a sudden just don't. It's the way of the world, I guess. I'm a restless soul.

I think it'll be my new adjective to describe myself - restless.

2 comments:

Isadora said...

its a way to describe a whole generation, not just you. We have TOO many choices and it makes it so easy to never stick with anything. But i assure you, that if you stick with something, the rewards really are greater then the immediate sattisfacition of novilty. I have struggled with the same feelings too my whole life... (-:

jilliancamink said...

Firstly, I stumbled upon your blog and am captivated.

Secondly, I think we're in similar[ish] situations. I can totally relate to the impulsive, arbitrary decision making. It's as if we're designed to feel we're missing out.

I think part of it is nothing's private anymore. With social networking, everyone else's good time is in your face! You look at pictures from a party, then realize you were sitting alone that night. It's hard not to compare. Hard not to think you're not doing something right.