Wednesday, November 25, 2009

the scapegoat (or just another example of how weird I am)

Every time I tell someone that I'm going to visit my parents in North Carolina, they usually have something to tell me about the state - such as "Oh North Carolina is so beautiful!" or "Oh, I have an uncle in North Carolina."

I realized something as the 757 descended onto the row of plastic-looking perfect North Carolinian houses - I resent the state of North Carolina. I take out all my general frustration with the idea of my family moving from my childhood home on the entire state of North Carolina - I don't like North Carolina houses (they all look the same!), I don't like North Carolina drivers (they are worse than the ones in Columbus!), etc, etc, blah blah blah.

Okay, so here's my goal: STOP BLAMING THE ENTIRE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA FOR ALL OF MY TROUBLES.
(even if it is inferior to the state of Georgia.)

I'm in North Carolina for Thanksgiving. Happy to be out of Columbus, secretly wishing it was Augusta, actually not totally hating my parents' new condo.
Bizarrely okay with the situation.

I will say this for North Carolina, they do have a really good Mexican restaurant for my parents to frequent.

1 comment: