Monday, October 5, 2009

the new underground.

(title totally is just the name of the song stuck in my head... really has nothing to do with this blog.)

So life is excellent. The other day, a friend asked me how I was doing, and due to the fact that I've been reading way too much Wendy Wasserstein lately, I responded with "scholastically fulfilled, emotionally numb." To which they responded with, "what's wrong?" and I eventually had to explain that feeling numb and emotionless was pretty much all I could do at the moment, due to the fact that I am SO INTO MY DIRECTING CLASS RIGHT NOW. Okay, I know its the first scene and it hasn't even gone up yet, but I'm a little obsessed with it. A) I made a perfect score on my first ever directing analysis. B) I actually in a strange way LIKED doing the directing analysis... which turned out to be 27 pages long. Geez!! C) I really enjoy rehearsing the scene, and I think I'm doing a decent job of communicating with my actors. D) I'm genuinely EXCITED to put it up in front of the class. Nervous/excited, but excited nonetheless.

At first I thought I was being totally weird for finding such fulfillment from something like SCHOOL... but then I realized - isn't that supposed to be what I'm doing here? Am I not supposed to be taking the classes I actually want to take and learning things I want to learn?

Not that I don't love all my other theatre classes, but I'm just weirdly obsessed with directing at this moment.

Other things that are good in my life:

My friends are wonderful. I realized that even the ones that things have been rocky with during this year have led me to a place where I can be pretty happy.

I'm pretty comfortably single right now. I'm not all desperate and weepy and that's nice.

Halloween is coming up and I'm pretty excited. =)

Okay, I got burnt out on writing this blog, but life is good. I'm genuinely happy, and I'm grateful for that.

No comments: