Thursday, October 15, 2009

questions.

it's really weird how awkward dancing and horrible singing from strangers (and, of course, wonderful singing from my wonderful friends) can make a perfectly sad night end perfectly happily.

karaoke at the sports page. how I have missed you lately.

here is your dose of sad Robin poetry for the day. Don't judge me. I was in a bad mood earlier.
---
"questions" (or, a letter to god.)

I have about fifteen hundred questions to ask you.
like
are you really there?
were you watching me cry then too?
and how hard is too hard?
and how much is too much?
and when the night will finally end?
and why the sky is blue -
but I just keep hearing my own voice echoing.
(and are you really there?)

I spend my hours recounting tales from when I was so very young.
unique and special
different and creative
my parents were so proud.
(were you watching me cry then too?)

I feel stupid when I cry.
(and how hard is too hard?)

and nights when I lay in his arms
shaking from something I can't put my finger on -
fear, anger, disgust, (love?)
I forget about you.
(how much is too much?)

but nights when I'm all alone
and no other mice crawl on my walls
I hear your whispering
just so quiet that I can barely hear -
(when will the night finally end?)

so I keep walking down the streets
the hot air sticking to my skin through my clothes
and the freedom of summer fading slowly
the faces of buildings, signs, people
all begin to fade into one gigantic mass of gray
and I wonder to myself quietly
(why the sky is blue?)

answers?

----

GTC invades. I'm tired.
Sometimes I let that get to me.
I love you.

No comments: