Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"do not want go in cave!" (or, how I learned to vacation.)

So let's be pretty clear about this - I am really bad at relaxing. In general, there will always be a nagging thought in the back of my mind in ANY circumstance that just makes it (for lack of a better word) stressful for me.

These past few days have been incredibly surreal in this respect - I think I actually relaxed. I know, right? So let me sort of recap how wonderful it was!

On Saturday night, I spent the night at my childhood best friend, Anna's, and we got up early Sunday to leave for Florida! When we got there, we checked into our hotel and we started our wonderous Saint Augustine adventure, which included:
  • some yummy wine that we drank out of plastic princess goblets! (and some not-so-yummy merlot, but yeah!)
  • shopping in the historic district (with lots of trips to Kilwin's delicious ice cream - the one thing that Rob said I HAD to do while I was in Saint Augustine)
  • visiting the BEACH (my favorite!) I got a little bit of tan but we all know that my ginger skin is pale and peachy.
  • visiting the Saint Augustine Light House and climbing all the way to the top to discover that there is actually a guy that gets paid just to stand at the top of the light house. haha!
  • taking the scariest ghost tour of my life! possibly because I had some wine before I went on it, but also because they gave out EMF readers (creepy!), and they took you to many different locations (they even told a story that I had heard from someone who had lived there before!).
  • visiting the historic fort in town, of course. it was blazing hot, but that's what happens when you put two history nerds on vacation together! I even ventured into the terrifying dungeon, and fled the scene immediately when I realized - DO NOT WANT GO IN CAVE! Haha!
  • MORE shopping on the historic street, followed by a nap after we got sprayed with rain and a truck drove through a puddle right next to us, ala a bad day movie montage ("why don't we down some wine and take a nap? we'll see how this goes...")
  • We went to one of the best meals of my life at the Santa Maria restaurant where I had the Mahi Mahi, and Anna had a cocktail called "Bermuda Blue" (which was really more green than blue).
  • We went outlet shopping and I didn't actually buy anything but FOOD. I'm super proud of myself for this fact because lately I've realized what a shopaholic I really am.
Well, I'm starting the fashion blog hopefully tonight, and I'm leaving for Germany really soon, so all is well in Robinland for the most part. I continue my decision NOT to decide (in reference to the men situation) and I continue my life of being fabulous.

peace. love you kids.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I finally have a blog!