Friday, June 12, 2009

the most wonderful fairytale. (a tale of sarcasm, fashion, and enlightenment.)

This blog is in many different sections.
---
on the road again...
...or not.

My life, let's just face it - cannot be simple or easy. Especially when it comes to cars. Automotive vehicles and I have always had a rocky relationship. From day one when I almost tipped a golf cart into my neighbor's yards multiple times, to when I got into my first car wreck three days after I got my license, to breaking down in the middle of the intersection of 11th Street and Veterans Parkway in Columbus (and subsequently three more times in the next two weeks) - I am a car killer.

It's purely unintentional, but I can no longer ignore my rocky relationship with motor vehicles.

Today is just another example. I'm driving home from Columbus and I've made it to Atlanta. I'm nearing the most stressful part of my adventure - merging onto a highway with about six lanes even with a working car is difficult for me! But seeing how when I got to the middle lane my car completely stopped running, I think it was a little extra difficult today. HAH.

Luckily for me, a kind preacher-like gentleman and what looked like a crazy ex-hippy arrived to my rescue and pushed my poor Professor off to the shoulder. I called my dad, and since the car was starting but just would not idle, I managed to get it to a gas station by just never taking my foot off the gas - which ended up being the way I got my car all the way back to Augusta. Driving with one foot on the gas and one foot on the brakes all the way home. But before this solution came along, I had to be harassed a little bit more by the fates....

...or by some crazy old homeless woman. Said homeless woman sized up me from a foot away AND my car as though she were looking at her new home! I know my car is a peice of crap, but it's not a new shelter from the drunk and underpriveledged! (Not that I have anything against the homeless, I just would rather they not try to take my car!)

So I am finally home, and I'm ready to get to the beach on Sunday! And despite the difficulties in our relationship, I think I'll actually keep driving.

--
...a Prada purse has never broke my heart before.
(and let's be real - my obsession for Betseyville is getting a little sick. two new bags and a pair of sunglasses? shopping-gasm.)

Up and coming! I have had a little idea bunny that has planted itself in my brain lately - ever since I met a woman at Joann Crafts who complimented my ensemble and told me this statement: "I always lived on the straight and narrow of fashion. Now I wish that I had been more like you and had taken a chance and actually expressed myself with my clothes." And I have been thinking it would be fun to start a blog about fashion and all the ideas I have and things I find. Although, I haven't had any ideas for a title for it. It should go something like this: "CATCHY TITLE: Fashion OFF The Straight and Narrow" (thank you random woman at Joann!). I am even thinking of having other people authorized to post on it so it wouldn't just be me - and my friends could blog too! I don't know. Maybe I'm being super nerdy but I really like it as an idea. Let me know if you can think of a title because I really want something good! (Or if you want to help me with it and post stuff!)

--
there's no need to complicate - 'cause our time is short.

Also, I've decided to not make any sort of decision. That is, about my "love life". (I'm not sure if you can really call it that, because really I'm not WITH anyone, I just talk to people and I flirt a lot, but I feel like I should only like one person at a time for some reason.) As I'm not committed to liking any one person, I'm going to decide NOT to decide. I will just GO WITH THE FLOW. That's my new mantra on that situation: go with the flow. If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. If it's not, then it's not. At least I don't feel totally undesirable lately.

--
"life itself is the most wonderful fairytale." - hans christian anderson.

I'm really excited about Germany. For real, I think it will be such an adventure. But I'm also excited about heading to the beach with Anna this week. I have never been on a trip with her before, and I absolutely adore the beach. It will be like a real vacation! But let's be real - I am so grateful for my life. Even if my car is a peice of shit, even if I'm not in love, even if I can't make a real decision, even if I'm a total fashion-obsessed shopaholic, even if I'm a huge mess.

As I was driving back home today, foot pushing down on the gas continuously, it started to rain, and just as quickly it let up - and through my Betsey Johnson sunglasses, I saw the most beautiful rainbow in front of me. And I knew that my day wasn't complete and utter shit anymore. That there was at least something beautiful for me to look at.

I'm so grateful for the adventure that is my life. Love you kids. Enjoy the world - it's worth it.

No comments: