Monday, February 1, 2010

fierce with reality.

1. I've started meditating. I'm pretty sure it's good for my soul. At least it helps me to feel very peaceful when I generally don't feel that way at all.
2. I've started writing poetry again, not all of which is sad. It's so much easier to express myself now. I don't want to say "maybe it's the meditation" but maybe it is. Maybe it's the lack of "clutter" of romance in my life. I can't say that I don't have feelings for any one person, because that would just be a lie and a half but I can say that I'm truly content with the way things are right now.
3. I've given up coke. I'm pretty proud of it. (though I do admit that every now and then I get a craving and I buy one. but it's only about three in a week instead of six in a day. drastic change.)
4. I am losing weight. I look in the mirror, and I feel better about myself. This is progress.
5. I'm trying to be cleaner, and it's really helping. I've also started actually purchasing REAL SIMPLE magazine, which is something I've been wanting to do for months. I plan on testing out one of the recipes this week.
6. Crazy for You is going well thus far, I'm tired, my body hurts, I am grateful for this week off of rehearsal. Just to recoup.
7. Taking Garrett (and James) to get their hair cut tomorrow. Interesting how I'm not dreading it or looking forward to it. Just sort of... coasting, I guess.
8. Spoon River made me cry in Meisner today. I have a feeling this will be a continued situation. I love when that happens. (Sort of.) (Except that while it is truthful, it's horribly embarrassing.)
9. I feel like people have been questioning me lately because I haven't sought them out for "hang out time". It's not that I don't want to hang out, I just pretty much dedicate most of my time to A) Working out, B) Rehearsal, C) Class, D) My analysis, or E) Sleeping. I try to fit some other things in, but it's difficult! I swear I'm not angry or upset with anyone. I just need to focus on other things right now than my social life.
10. Life is pretty good, really. This semester is going to shape up to be a busy one, but I foresee wonderful things to come.

“You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours. When you truly possess all that you have been and done, which may take some time, you are fierce with reality.”
Florida Scott Maxwell

No comments: