Wednesday, January 20, 2010

a changing outlook.

I go through phases of moping and positivity.

However, I really feel like the phase I'm in right now is one of the greatest positive "phases" I've ever felt. It feels so much more permanent too... I don't know if that makes sense. I know that I tend to be flighty with how I feel and my emotions are everywhere, but I really think I found something that puts me in a really good mood and that I really look forward to -

I freaking love working out.
Bizarre, right? For someone who spent most of their life avoiding the treadmill at all costs, I really am a little bit obsessed with running at least two miles a day now. I also really love the Skinny Bitch: Boot Camp and Skinny Bitch: Body DVDs that I got the other day on sale. PERFECT. I love working out with the Follies Girl Workout Club (which I think should be a name of a book... filled with comedic moments and touching stories about each member! I write it, yes?) and I love just feeling in general, better about myself. Maybe I haven't lost any weight (yet) but I really just feel a lot more energy and a more positive flow. I'm really going to try to start getting into meditation as well, because I need a calm, clear mind for the semester ahead of me.

A part of me really wants to join the Y... because I want to take Zumba class, haha. I know that's a little lame but it intrigues me so! I also picked up a set of weights today to use instead of soup cans while I work out.

Another change I'm making (and for the first time experiencing some form of success at..) is trying to cut back on Coca Cola. I KNOW, right?! But here is what I'm doing: I'm saying that if I have one a day, I'll be okay. Then I'm carrying water EVERYWHERE, drinking coffee with non-fat creamer in the mornings, and treating myself instead of to a coke to a Pellegrino! In fact, I have had a total of one coke in the past three days! WAY TO GO ME! =) Progress, right?

I think it's the endorphens, but I really feel a lot happier. I think that one of the best things I've ever done for myself is what I had deemed "My Summer of Self-Improvement". That was the summer when I taught myself to put on a nice outfit each day, and to take the time for the little things that I wanted to do just for myself, and I logged it into my journal each day. So here it is: My Semester of Self Improvement. We'll see how long this goes! I hope until May =)

Self Improvement Activity of the Day: Two mile run, ab section of the Skinny Bitch: Body DVD, Meditation, Delicious low-cal smoothie with Ansley and Melissa =) And onto an at-home mani-pedi!

Time to keep it positive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me so proud. You sound like me! It really is amazing how quickly changes start happening when you get active. If I could give any advice, it would be about diet. I never like planned diets, b/c they tempt you to cheat, but really watch what you are putting in your body. If you can learn to view food as fuel and only eat things that are going to charge you in a positive way, the pounds will come off even more quickly.

LOVE YOU!
-Dylan