Thursday, April 22, 2010

random thoughts for this day.

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything." (Charles Kuralt)
Happy Earth Day =)

Sometimes, I miss being a child. Things were less stressful then. I wasn't so concerned about my appearance. I wasn't so stressed out all the time. I just liked to play outside. Maybe someday I'll get that feeling back. But I'm starting to think the world that we as people create out of ambition and competition totally kills that spirit. And it makes me sad.

Lately, I've been very concerned with my health. A large part of it is weight loss, etc. but in general, I have an extreme desire to preserve my body as long as possible. I think it's a conclusion that you have to come to yourself and you can't be told to be healthy by as many of your health crazed friends... you have to decide to do it for yourself. I've been running most of the mornings this week, on top of dancing, eating as healthy as I can, and I feel eight thousand times better. I sleep better at night, I wake up earlier in the mornings, etc. My hope is that over the summer I can develop good habits that will last me through my lifetime.

Hm. Life continues. There's not much I can say. Things are bizarre but normal at the same time. I've learned to accept that life is never quite what you want it to be.

No comments: