Wednesday, May 26, 2010

cleanliness.

There is something very therapeutic about cleaning things. I used to find it incredibly frustrating, unproductive, and annoying. But as I've grown older, I have found some wonderful comfort in the idea of taking something that was dirty, old, and unorganized and making it clean, smooth, smell nice, and easy to use.

I'm kind of on a cleaning binge. I wish I was at home so I could reorganize my apartment.

I think the reason I like it so much is because it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, fixing something. In life, there are so many things that we cannot fix: we cannot fix our relationships, our families, our monetary situations, anything really.

But we can totally take a dirty room, makeup box, purse, car, etc.. and make it smell like air freshener.
There's something bizarrely perfect in that thought to me.
(RANDOM THOUGHTS. 1)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Washing dishes calms me, surprisingly. As long as they're not absolutely filthy with baked-on food. Cleaning the bathroom feels the same way.

P.S. I'm excited about your visit!