Saturday, February 14, 2009

signed, sealed, delivered!

[=

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is to my friends and family: I love you. You guys are pretty much the only thing in the world I could ever hope to ask for. My friends are what keeps me feeling like being MYSELF (instead of the strange culuturally acceptable version of me) is alright, and I appreciate it more than anything.

I know there are tons of people who hate Valentine's Day, because it just reminds them that they are single and "lonely". But seriously? Take a look around! Valentine's Day doesn't have to be just about the love between a couple, it can be about the love between two best friends, between you and your family. I personally believe that we should celebrate love way more often, and just try to remember - today is about the love. Share it with a friend, or your parents, or even a stranger on the street [= (I met a woman in WalMart the other day and had a twenty minute conversation with her about dogs and decorations that we liked in the homes section. It was nice to just talk to someone new. I never caught her name either.)

Oh, and it's always cool to eat chocolate on this day. ;]

And to that someone special: thanks for being you. <3

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.


"Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies."
-Erich Fromm

No comments: