Tuesday, February 24, 2009

back in my style.

we both know you're worth so much more.

so I'm sitting here listening to the soundtrack of Legally Blonde, and when "Legally Blonde" comes on, I usually regard it as the saddest song on the CD. However, today, I caught one of the lines that Emmett sings to Elle from behind the door - "We both know you're worth so much more." It made me feel almost warm inside. But that just might be the tea I'm drinking right now.

Lately, I've really been feeling like I relate to Elle Woods. Not that I'm ridiculously pretty - but that people probably underestimate me based on my flighty, fashion-loving, happy personality. But really - what is wrong with keeping it positive? What is wrong with my favorite color being pink? Nothing. Now, if only I had a chihuahua and Emmett Forrest to keep me company at Harvard ;]

jk. But I always look to Elle for encouragement - she really does know where it's at.

and for the record - owning nice clothes and doing your hair and makeup does not make you shallow, it just means that you realize that appearance is part of what makes someone successful, no matter how "shallow" it may seem - it's true. and being happy and friendly is worth it, I think.

'cause nobody screws with somebody who's legally blonde.

No comments: