Wednesday, May 6, 2009

covered in scars I did nothing to earn.

here is something that's been on my mind lately. how is it that we can all manage to treat each other like our feelings don't matter at all? how is it that we can all be so selfish? how can we act on things without seemingly thinking? we all thought we were doing the right thing, right? we were right, weren't we?

Nobody does anything thinking it's the wrong thing. Nobody sets out to hurt someone else.

But here's the thing - and I really do think this. We make shit up.

We make shit up about people all the time - like, you pretend that your girlfriend is the problem in your relationship, you find a small thing about her personality that maybe even someone else pointed out - but then you blow it up in your mind. Suddenly it's impossible to see yourself with this person anymore - how could you be attracted to them when they're SO not what you really want. But in reality, you just made that up. You wanted out of a relationship because you wanted to date someone else - fine. But just admit that. You'll look like a jerk, sure.

But at least it's the fucking truth.

Or this - you're growing apart from your best friend. You're both really busy and you rarely have time to be together, and you're disapointed by that. So you start blaming them. You start talking crap about them, you start bitching about how they must be this awful person because they don't pay you any attention anymore - but here's the truth: you miss them. Just admit it and save yourself from losing your friend. Is it really worth it to save face?

I KNOW I'm guilty of this too. I have done it a thousand times over and over again - but it's just something I realized lately. I feel like this is the biggest problem I'm having lately though. I don't want to fight with people, I don't want to feel like I'm  being lied to. I don't want to be fake and I don't want to be angry.

I just want the truth. Is that really so much to ask?

No comments: