Sunday, May 10, 2009

let it go.

Reading this passage of Eat. Pray. Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert could not have happened at a better or more relevant time for me:

"But I love him."
"So love him."
"But I miss him."
"So miss him. Send him some love and light every time you think about him, and then drop it. You're just afraid to let go of the last bits of David because then you'll really be alone, and Liz Gilbert is scared to death of what will happen if she's really alone. But here's what you gotta understand, Groceries. If you clear out all that space in your mind that you're using right now to obsess about this guy, you'll have a vacuum there, an open spot - a doorway. And guess what the universe will do with that doorway? It will rush in - God will rush in- and fill you with more love than you ever dreamed of. So stop using David to block that door. Let it go."
"But I wish me and David could -"
He cuts me off. "See, now that's your problem you're wishin' too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be." (Page 150)

Of course, replace all the names with relevant names from my life, but you get the picture.

Seriously, why can't someone sit me down and say these things to me? Thank you, India, for letting me borrow this book.

Also, my Dove chocolate (I admit, I have an addiction. I literally eat chocolate every single day.) told me: "Create peace for yourself"

Why is it that the universe did not align itself with good advice for me a few months ago?
It's so nice to be home - and I think once this week of detox is over, I'll be ready to start anew in Columbusland. Please - let the calmness and inner peace carry over the miles to Columbus so that the Summer of Love can begin. <3

1 comment:

IndiaC said...

I knew you'd like that part.
Isn't that book ideal.
It changed my life a little
I'm glad it's changing yours as well :)