Friday, May 1, 2009

can't hold me down - gotta reach for the sky!

some people don't know the love you possess - they pretend, but they don't understand.
it's natural, you're in a world of your own.

You know what I really miss about living at home? Dancing. I mean, obviously, I have random crazy ass dance parties in my apartment, but I really miss every day of the week working my ass off dancing in a studio. Now, I just feel like an old dog with a few tricks left up my sleeve, but I forget what it feels like to actually have been good. Dance Extravaganza is coming up and I think I'm more than just a little excited - I'm in several numbers and I just really want to show people that I am a dancer and that I  am talented in more than just acting [= In general, dance is just how I show the world that I love life and I am excited to be performing in that kind of venue again.

Janine wants to go on a horse and buggie ride and Matt wants a popsicle.

Junior Proficiency was today - I'm happy to say that it went very well. I'm not sure why I was so psyched out about it - I've never had a bad meeting with the faculty before, so why should this have been different! Haha, so yeah. That's one less hoop to jump through before the end of the semester (which I've dubbed the SATAN semester!).

Another exciting thing that is coming up REALLY soon (as in tomorrow night!) is the APO ball. Now, while I wish that I had a date to said ball, I'm pretty content to go by myself and enjoy a wonderful night with the theatre majors of CSU! It's such a great way to end the year and I'm super psyched about it [= Lots of good food, wonderful people, and really really fun dancing! YAY.

I feel like I have all these crazy wonderful ideas for dances all the time! Lately I've been being nagged my my inner brain about another ballet I'd want to choreograph (similar to "Situations: A Contemporary Love Story Ballet") - a Swing ballet! Like, all the music would be from the 1940's (or contemporary recordings thereof), and I'd want a bigger cast than before. There'd be big dance numbers (including a partner swing number and a few tap numbers and a USO style number!) and probably a story based around WWII and soldiers going away and coming back, etc. I'd love to do a girls number to "I'll Be Seeing You"! Oh lord. I would! Do you think this would be a good idea? I know I really don't have much time to do it except in the fall and there's already so many freestages put in for the fall of 09. Decisions!

Okay, the more I fleshed out that paragraph the more I want to do it and now my brain is spinning to try to make it work in my head. Write a proposal or wait til Spring?

Dance consumes my brain sometimes. And sometimes I'm pretty convinced I should just be a choreographer. But I do love acting. Oh, performance is what I live for. And if I have to work my ass off for it, then so be it.

No comments: