Monday, July 21, 2008

a brief introduction.


Basically, I started a blog because I needed a new way to journal.

I'm not very interesting.


My name is Robin. I'm nineteen years old, as is. I have red hair, but it's somewhat unnatural. I'm a little fat, but not so much that you would really even notice. My nose is big, my eyes are light blue, and I am "shapely". I like to think I'm awkwardly pretty.


I'm a student at Columbus State University, and I'm majoring in Theatre Performance (BFA). My sophomore year is about to begin, and I'm pretty psyched, if I do say so myself. Theatre has been my passion since the opening night of my very first show (which was Footloose. I was fourteen and on the dance corps.), but only at the end of my high school years did I begin to think it would be my life's passion. While high school, with my insanely genius director, Roy Lewis, made me a good actress, I feel like going off to college is making me a great one. (Well, I hope.) I've done a lot of growing in the last year, and I don't like to brag (and I won't, because I don't have to) but I'm pretty proud of some of my work.


Back to the basics, though. I come from your typical American family. I have two parents (who are still together) and two sisters. All of whom drive me completely insane on a regular basis. My father owns his own computer repairs company (which he runs out of our garage. feel free to estimate how much money he makes doing that, you're probably right.) and my mother teaches high school science. So money is actually kind of tight. Especially when you consider that four out of five of us are currently enrolled in college. My older sister, Megan, is 22 and will be starting her graduate school at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland this fall, studying Irish literature. My younger sister is actually attending my school, CSU in the fall, and I have no idea what she'll finalize as her major. My mother is attending graduate school at Augusta State to get her degree for administration, and then there's me. The aspiring actress and all around goofball.


I have wonderful friends. I have my best friend of seventeen years, Anna. She's really sweet, and it never matters how long it's been since we've hung out - we can always figure something to talk about. Then there's my other best friend, Laura. She's a real hippy, but she probably wouldn't appreciate me saying that. She's pretty much wonderful, and I'm not entirely sure I would function without her. Then there's my goofball roommate, Janine, who can get me through any crisis with an awkward dance and a pint of ice cream (who also looks like a supermodel, may I note.). Then there's my Cory. I call him my Cory in my head, and I don't know why. He's a hoot and a half, and I don't know what I'd do without our weekly fights. And Megan, who is my fashionista crazy Jew friend, who will always provide insight into my soul. And then there's Jason. Who I have always loved and always will, even when he leaves me. My very first gay ex-boyfriend and the left side of Patrick Swayze. (Don't ask.) I have other friends, but those are the official "best friends" (and really, those aside, I probably have more people who I would consider a best friend too. I can't decide, you know me.)


Here is a random list of things I like, in no particular order: theatre, dance, choreography, music, art, painting, bright colors, parties, laughing, stupid jokes, ridiculous dancing around my apartment, cajun food, unique fashions, trendy things, cute underwear, shopping, pretty things, rhinestones, glitter, the outdoors, water, yoga, sarcasm, good movies, bad movies, crappy television, health foods, and coca cola.


Basically, I'm a walking contradiction.


No comments: