Thursday, September 18, 2008

maybe you'll be the one that I like best.


bought an umbrella big enough for two

but it feels pretty empty under here without you.


I've been feeding my brainchild lately - with the help of Janine, I'm writing a modern day folk-indie ballet set to all quirky music and telling a modern love story of young artists. Of course, it's not going to be the most award winning new ballet ever, but I'm pretty much dying to finish working everything out in logistics and (HOPEFULLY if I can get it approved as a freestage for next semester or fall semester of next year) casting and performing it? I am going to try to get the proposal in ASAP (as soon as I finish figuring out the songs/plot/transitions so that it's a cohesive PEICE instead of just a vagueish idea)... well anyway, I really hope it happens. I know that it would be a huge responsibility and it's not EXACTLY theatre, but there would be a good deal of acting in it... so if it gets approved, and you read this blog, I'm telling you that it's actually really good ALREADY and I really just want dedicated people (not everyone has to be the best dancer ever! the way I have it set up is that there are four principle dancers and six ensemble dancers.) At either rate, some of the music includes: The Ditty Bops, Bishop Allen, Jack Johnson, Feist, Kate Nash, Bright Eyes, Damien Rice... if you really want to know more about it I've been obsessed with just writing it lately so I will babble on to you about it for an hour. The tracks are amazing!


Other than that... my life? Kelly's Truck Stop Bop opens tomorrow! I'm pretty happy about it actually. It's a totally cute show, and I'm pretty happy to be working with everyone involved. =] Uhm... Hm.


GTC Juries are also tomorrow - I think they just want us to do our peices so they can give feedback though. I'm weirdly nervous about it but I'm sure when it's over I'll be like "wow, I'm retarded for being nervous" (which is usually how I react after these situations are over). I also have scheduled to get new headshots taken on Monday. Busy busy bee, that's me!


Classes are going well. Acting is... well I have a hard time thinking of activities! Right now they just have to be really demanding and a 9 on the 1-10 scale of how hellacious completing the activity would be. I would do physics word problems but apparently that puts me up in my head too much? (Physics word problems ARE my hell on earth.) But when it's all said and done I really do feel myself learning a lot, so it's good.


Uhm, I'm doing a speech in communications about the negative effects of the mass media on body image in women. I'm pretty excited because it's something I really really care about a lot.


I don't like anyone right now. I would explain WHAT happened, because I came to a realization that ended my last "crush", persay. But I would have to explain exactly who it was and what about him changed to me.. at either rate, I find life so much easier when I don't like anyone. It's so easy for me to just have friends and focus on my work.


accoustic guitar playing softly in the background
of the corners of my mind
I sit and think of all the things we could have
would have
should have said
and I laugh - I wonder
would it really have made that much of a difference?
<3

No comments: