Wednesday, September 3, 2008

stones taught me to fly.

I fell off my scooter today. (Did I mention I have a scooter now? I have a scooter now.)

And strangely, it felt like the way I've been feeling lately. I feel like I fell off my life scooter (don't hate me for my horrible metaphors) and I just haven't been able to get back on it yet. I feel like I'm just walking my life scooter down the road but I haven't pushed off and rolled again.

strange thoughts fly through my mind some days.

I'm in a show at The Loft. It's called Kelly's Truck Stop Bop. I actually only got the gig because the original girl they had missed rehearsal or something..? and a friend of mine (Omar) is in the show and sort of got me in. So I'm pretty happy about that - mainly because it's sort of like hopping on the scooter again and saying "yes, I can still do this."

I'm teaching dance "class". In reality, it's just a bunch of my friends and we're gonna do dance workouts and work together on dance, but I'll be leading and teaching with Laura, which is pretty cool. It's very informal and just at random, but it's something I've really wanted to try for basically forever, so I'm kind of excited about it.

Just some happy thoughts on life, because there's way too many crappy things going on too.

I am so scared of forgetting who I am.

stones taught me to fly
love taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball.

No comments: