Sunday, December 14, 2008

the road goes on.


So life has been good to me, I can't lie. I had a four day weekend, for all practical purposes. I have great friends, we had a wonderful time in Atlanta at the club (sans Omar, who was too drunk and wasn't allowed back into the club!) and it's almost Christmas, my absolute favorite time of the year.
However, things have been weighing me down. Of course. Who am I if I could be totally happy with life? Of course, actually getting through finals week is one of them. I just want this semester to be complete and over! I want to move on from the stress. I want to keep going! Then there's money. Then there's guys. My parents moving. General discontentness. Body image on probably the lowest it's been in awhile.
I always thought I wanted to grow up and move so far away from Augusta. I always thought I'd leave and never look back except to see my parents. Boy, I was wrong. The days slip by so quickly and I have no idea when I'll actually deal with the idea of never being able to go back through that red door that leads to my falling apart but full of wonderful memories and laughter house. Not being able to hang out on my backporch. A really good friend called me today, and I realized that I never see him unless I'm home. I guess losing just the house isn't the only problem, after all.
I guess I really didn't want to grow up, after all.

No comments: