Thursday, December 17, 2009

I can't be bothered now!

Life is grand right now.

It's break, for one thing. The idea of the semester being over is finally settling in. It's so nice to just RELAX and not have to worry about any sort of class-like thing (aside from Directing 2, and finding time to read Spoon River Anthology...) on a pressing basis is SO NICE. I don't have to wake up at any given point in time, or worry about making it to class, etc. I'm also really looking forward to next semester. I think the classes I'm taking seem particularly stimulating - which is always nice. Also, I'm pretty pumped about Crazy For You. I've been saying that forever,but truthfully, it'll be nice to have a role that really showcases me for what I feel are my strong points. That sounds conceited, but it's a comedic dancing role - come on! So that's pretty exciting. Plus I'm pretty pumped to be working on something that I feel so strongly about - musical theatre is definitely one of my favorite things... ever.

So there's that. But also I'm visiting my best friend, Anna, in Athens, GA. We've been pretty much PERFECTLY lazy and I'm remembering how to be not-so-social and just relax and enjoy a marathon of a box DVD set. Perfect. Or a good documentary. Back to my nerdy roots!

And then - Laura is transferring to Columbus State next semester! HOORAH! I'm really happy because I want her close to me, being that she's my other best friend. That's just another good thing in my life.

Also, going home is potentially very exciting. I love seeing my family, and I love spending time with them. In all reality, I really don't hate Greenville either. I used to really resent the entire idea of my family living anywhere other than Augusta, but I'm very grateful to still have them all together where I can visit fairly easily, though the drive IS a bitch.

In general, I've come to a very good point of view on single-ness. It's not crippling or disabling, it's just... being single. I've not met anyone who has made me go ga-ga in a long time. But in reality, I'm a catch. That sounds conceited, but I am a nice, normal, pretty girl who cooks well and is generally interested in the world. I mean, I do have my flaws but everyone deserves a chance to be happy. But that's just the point of a relationship - to be HAPPY. Not to settle - so that's my current (not new, not saying I'm going to stick to it...) philosophy - make myself happy. Don't settle. Just do what makes me joyful. I might miss snuggling, but I'm sure I can find a gay guy friend to fulfill those duties. =) Faghag? Maybe. Miserable? No.

Also, I've been handmaking almost all of my Christmas gifts this year. I love it. It's so nice to know that actual thought has really gone into what I've made - and I love them! In fact, I was so obsessed with the apron I made for Anna that I almost kept it! And she hand-knitted me the most beautiful creamy white scarf! Perfect!

Ahhh, to be happy is to love the world.
And so life goes.

I've started watching The Tudors. I feel like it's a joygasm of costuming.

No comments: