Sunday, November 9, 2008

god only knows what I'd be without you.


Let me just say this, in the least cheesy way possible, I have the best friends I could ever ask for.
And I don't mean just the people in the picture to the left, obviously. I mean all of you - from Augusta (school, dance, childhood), from Columbus and just everywhere. I have the best friends I could ever ask for. Because by being my friend, you have made me so beyond comfortable with being myself. I could never repay you for that. Never.
So on a totally random whim, last night, Megan, Janine, Cory, and I all went on a RANDOM trip to Atlanta and went to Club Europe (which is an 18+ club). It was pretty awkward for the first hour or two, not gonna lie! Because we got there super early so we could get in free. But alas! Once the dancing really got started it was really really fun. Some people were totally awkard - like these Bosnian guys who tried to get me and Janine to go back to their hotel room with them (the one actually tried to nibble my ear and pull up my skirt! I was molested!) but we luckily we had a system worked out with a signal for one of us to come up and rescue the others from an awkard dance partner! Haha, I don't know how many times I had to go up to Janine and say "Do you wanna go get water with me?" My personal favorite was just after a guy asked me if I smoked, Janine used the "do you have the cigarettes?" story. BAHAHAHA It was so awkward. Basically, we were exhausted and drove home, smelling like ass with some McDonald's drivethrough... omg. Haha. There is something about doing something so RANDOM and FUN that is absolutely invigorating and refreshing.
I was beginning to feel so much pressure lately, just from all sides. I feel like the trip out of town was the perfect cure - just to make me feel the perspective. Life is so much bigger than the bubble I live in. Sometimes, when I feel the pressure to settle, I just remind myself of how big the world is and how many more opportunities are going to come my way if I just keep going along the path I've chosen but lately the light's been sort of dim. I guess, even though it was just a random trip to a random awkward club, it sort of gave me a little nudge to keep going.
=]
Like, I said, I have the best friends ever.
This week is gonna be a hard one, I feel it in my bones. I hate being tired.

No comments: