Thursday, November 13, 2008

if only in my dreams.


so I really hate to be one of those people who gets in the Christmas mood way before it's appropriate but... I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.


It's going to be the last Christmas in Augusta for me. Obviously, all other Christmases will be spent either in North Carolina with my parents or with whoever I live with when I'm... grown? I'm not even sure I understand the concept or when you're supposed to stop going to your parents house for Christmas... at either rate, this is the last Christmas in my house. The house I grew up in and I pretty much have all my memories at.


And a part of me is not all that upset about it. I guess I just feel like Christmas is wherever my family is.


but the other part of me is sad, because a part of my family will still be in Augusta.


It's cold and rainy and Chase and I watched "Holiday Inn" (starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire) last night... it put me in the mood.

Hot cocoa works too.
Maybe it's the finality of it all, but I really want this to be a great Christmas, and I want to enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: