Wednesday, January 7, 2009

fashionspiration!

So, browsing the internet today, I came across a wonderful website that I had no idea existed! It's called CollegeFashion.net (HERE). It features a bazillion articles, including "how to wear cowboy boots" (one of my absolute favorite fashion items lately!) and even an article about why you shouldn't wear sweats to class! (After this past semester, this is one of my new resolutions - stop doing it! I only did it this semester in Acting class because I had pilates right before, but I was beginning to feel like such a slob!). I feel like she might have actually tapped my brain on some of these articles though, lol.

Lately, I have been jonesing for a pair of what my sister calls "Miley Cyrus Boots". She just got a pair of magenta pink ones, and I feel like they would be so cute with tights or even over straight legged jeans. Like these:


Hm. perhaps a purchase that should be made soon? If I can find a fairly cheap pair, that is. At either rate, I've been feeling very much into my whole sense of style lately. Janine also introduced me to a new makeup product which I now love as well! It's Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. When I read about it on her blog, I thought to myself - I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH CREASY EYESHADOW. I guess it's just my greasy eyelids. At either rate, it's a great makeup product!

Other things I'm madly in love with: DiorShow Mascara. Right now, I have a tube of DiorShow Blackout Mascara, because apparently Sephora was out of stock on regular when my sister bought it for me for Christmas, but I like it just as well. My Stila eyeshadow pallete. This was probably the best bang for my buck purchase ever, since I got it for three dollars at TJ Maxx! It's a great brown eyeshadow pallete, and considering that I wear brown eyeshadow on a day to day basis,  it's a great thing to have! Also, I recently purchased a 1/4 inch barrel Bed Head curling iron. It's probably one o fthe nicest hair accesories I've ever had, so I'm glad I bought it.

Haha, I know this is probably the mots materialistic blog I've ever written, but I feel inspired by things like this lately.

I made another purchase (with the help of my mother) that I really love. I bought a pair of moccasins from Journey's. They are so comfortable and a cuter alternative to my obsession with my dark brown Sperry's. While I love my Sperry's, they look awful with some pairs of jeans and skirts and shorts. And while I'm usually a cute shoe enthusiast, sometimes one cannot argue with the concept of comfort, especially when headed to class.

At either rate, I'm turning over a new fashion leaf. I'm going to wear whatever I want - and remember that everyone makes fashion mistakes! But I think that now is the only time I can dress however I want and get away with it, so I might as well take advantage of it while I can!

I'm headed back to Columbus tomorrow, and I have so much laundry/cleaning to do tonight. Oh, life.

<3

EDIT: I know that in my New Years Resolution Blog, I said I wanted to lose 15 lbs. Upon further thoughts, I merely want to excercize more, feel healthier, and perhaps get my hourglass figure back. I'm starting to feel like a square lately. As Anna's facebook status said, "Curvy and toned is the new thin!"

1 comment:

Janine DeMichele said...

girl! materialistic blogs is where its at. just look at mine! haha.