Thursday, January 15, 2009

love is the answer...

...at least, for most of the questions in my heart.
like, "why are we here?" and "where do we go?" and "how come it's so hard?"

I think it'd be easier to just list what's going on in my life:
  • The first week of class! I only have one more meeting of Stage Movement tomorrow, and then it's over! WOW. I'm excited about this semester! I really never had much zeal for learning in high school, but I think theatre classes always intrigue me, especially when they focus on some of my favorite parts of theatre.
  • In acting class today, it was so strange! Not only were there strange excercizes where people drew with their feet (coughTAYLORcough) but also, Larry had April just ARRIVE in the middle of me and Carrie's excercize and neither of us knew it was going to happen. I was just so confused! Haha, it was interesting though and it really did throw me off.
  • I work in the box office at school now - it's pretty cool, considering that selling tickets is actually pretty easy, so I basically get paid to sit in the office, play on facebook and sell tickets. wonderful!
  • I'm making a lifestyle change - I'm attempting (key word) to give up coca cola, slowly. I had two today, which is worse than I've done in only having one each day this week. If you didn't know, I had a bad coca cola problem last semester - I was going through three twelve packs in a week! So cutting back is difficult. Also, I've worked out twice this week and I'm trying to keep up with that.
  • I'm startin rehearsals for my freestage on Sunday! I would be remiss to say I wasn't super psyched about that. I love choreography and I really hope everything works out well.
  • I'm feeling, in general, not necessarily today, a lot more free in life. I'm trying NOT to let things weigh me down, and for the most part I've done a pretty good job of just worrying about myself and not letting other people's petty problems with eachother make me miserable. If that seems heartless, I'm sorry. I have done enough empathizing and fretting over people who do not care about me to last me a lifetime. I don't mean to be cruel, and I'm not trying to say that I'm writing off friends or anything, because I'm not. I'm just not going to feel guilty when I say that I can't hang out because I'm tired or I want to read or I want to just hang out in housing or by myself even! (Please do not read into this! I'm just making a choice not to live on a personal guilt trip anymore! I'm not upset with anyone and I don't want to cause waves with my blog, so don't think it's about you - it's not, I promise!)
  • I've become increasingly obsessed with shopping! I love to find bargains - for example, I got a sweater from the gap for 12 dollars yesterday! And online shopping is addictive! I just bought a bunch of stuff from E.L.F. (Megan sent me an email with the link randomly) and now I want to buy stuff online from Forever 21! BAHHH. I think this is the most stereotypical girl thing about me - the shopping.
  • I'm reading another Philippa Gregory novel - The Wise Woman. I'm enjoying it thus far, but I am always captivated by her writing!
That's about it! I just wanted to update!

No comments: