Sunday, April 5, 2009

on the objectification of robin lyles.

I have never felt more like an object in my entire life.

[so I definitely edited a lot of this blog out, because it was really specific, but the emotion is still there.]

There have been too many events as of late that have made me feel like an object to men. [if you're close with me, you probably know most of them] and I don't know how I feel about it.

Every time any of this happens - I can usually brush it off, no big deal! It's just a joke, or he was drunk, or I was drunk, or whatever. But seriously? Right now? The addition of all of it on top of itself is too much for me. I am a person. I have goals. I have dreams. I have opinions. I consistantly feel like a sex object or not even a woman at all to men, and I hate it. Every now and then, when something like this comes along - seriously, a little part of me, the real me, dies. And I don't know what to do with my jaded leftover self anymore.

In general - I am tired of feeling like this. I have never felt prettier in my life, but I have also never felt uglier in my life. I grow more and more disgusted with my need for male attention every day.

You know what? If you read this - forget about it. I really don't care that much.
I just had to get it off my chest.

---

Other thoughts: Machinal was flipping awesome. I have amazing friends - Especially India [=. Things will be better soon. I can feel it.

1 comment:

IndiaC said...

<3 you're an amazing friend love. I'm super blessed to have you in my life.