Monday, April 27, 2009

a sign that says that you're arriving. <3

and when you reach that day - when you've conquered what's behind you
don't forget the fight it took to get you here.
and when you reach the top of the mountain you've been climbing,
don't forget the distance you have come.

It's hard to peice together how I feel about everything, to be honest. I guess you could say I'm feeling a little numb to it all, but mostly because I feel exhausted literally all the time. I wish I wasn't so busy, but then I think - what the fuck would I do with my time?! work at Kohl's?! haha. So I guess it's definitely better. I'd rather be busy with theatre work and exhausted than just go to class and do nothing else. So when I feel jealous of those main campus major people who have time for a life, I remember how much I adore theatre. [=

The memorial for Rea at the Springer today was absolutely beautiful. So him. It made me cry and laugh and smile, and it was just so very Rea. 

Tomorrow, Porcelain goes up. I'm really nervous! But excited at the same time. Somewhere inbetween?

We move into our apartment at Walden Pond on May 15th. I'm so excited, because it's really like the start of something new. Maymester is going to be glorious - I'm really excited to be working on Fly Over Land, especially because it's with Haley! Also, everyone on the cast is glorious and I'm getting to understudy the lead role! COOLNESS. [= Sure, fewer people will be here in Columbusland, but I'm really looking forward to Maymester. And the month of June for that matter. AND JULY. In Germany! So cool.

All I need is my hippy peaceful dunking into the ocean and I will be cleansed and begin anew! (Hopefully.) I always feel like the ocean has such healing powers for me. All of my complicated emotions have always felt like a wave crashing into me, and everytime I'm having a rough time I just imagine taking a wave and washing it all off of me and coming out fresh. Because, in reality, things generally do always work out the way that God wants them to. I just need to wash myself clean and pick myself back up and go on.

I went to College House yesterday (mostly because India formed a clever rouse to get me over there to surprise me with SCOTT) but I stayed for the worship service (something I've never done in my life, since I'm Catholic!) and I really felt like God has been guiding me this whole time and I never noticed. Things have fallen into place for me and I've felt such happiness here in Columbus that I think there's no way that this is not where I am supposed to be at this point in my life. Sure, sometimes things are hard, but I genuinely feel like I'm going in the right direction, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Love you guys.

No comments: