Friday, August 22, 2008

POSITIVELY nerve wracking.

so, as you may know from other people's blogs, general auditions for the mainstage season (first semester) have just past us by.

I had a pretty good audition (though I feel like I could have done better on my monologue) but I did get a callback for the musical, Batboy, as well as for the touring children's show, Cows Don't Fly and Other Known Facts. Both callback sessions were today and can you say INTIMIDATING and NERVE WRACKING?

Basically, there are only going to be eleven people cast in Batboy at all, and like forty five people got called back. I swear, there were a bazillion girls. Now, I firmly believe that if everything was based on dance I'd have the lead (JUST KIDDING! haha) but I know I'm not the best singer in the world, especially with the mysterious scratchy throat I have! Though I think the singing went pretty well, and the dancing went awesome, I just don't know! The odds are pretty much against me, so I'm not getting my hopes up. But like I said... if they based it solely on dancing... ;]

And then there were the callbacks for tour which were SO FUN. Like we did all these crazy things like acting like animals and being a circus (this one time a guy even jumped over me while I was standing up! and he threw me in the air, etc. SO FUN) so yeah. There are also only FOUR people on that cast, and TWELVE at callbacks, so the odds are 1 in 3 to get it. Not so bad, but still, 2 in 3 is better odds of not getting it =\

But despite all this nervewracking business, I do know this: Not getting cast for a mainstage show IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. Haha, it happened last semester, and it may very well happen again. It's a tough semester, this one, and it'd be awesome if I got cast, but if I don't, I won't die. I'll find something else to do, I know it. Haha, that's my KEEP IT POSITIVE attitude I have about auditioning in general - I tell myself that whatever happens is meant to happen!

On other notes: the first day of class has come and gone, and I already feel like I'm back into the swing of my life. I am going to a partayyy tonight (in about a half hour actually) and tomorrow I'm gonna have to go buy a bunch of books, etc. lol. oh mannnn. back to being stressed all the time! (even sans being cast, my schedule is pretty hectic)

Well, that's my life! Auditions, stress, and finally, a PARTY to relax!

1 comment:

Brittain Mackinzie said...

basically we all know the party was awesome but the writer of cows don't fly sucks :D