Tuesday, March 31, 2009

finishing my sentences.

I'm tired.

of not getting enough sleep.
of feeling like your problems are my fault.
of missing you.
of feeling insecure about my body.
of feeling like a peice of meat.
of climbing uphill.
of getting hurt (physically and emotionally).
of realizing that sometimes your friends aren't really your friends.
of feeling like a stupid actor.
of being tired.

I wish.

that I could fast forward through this semester (not because it's bad, but because I am, in fact, tired.)
that I could come to peace with things.
that I could be better with my body.
that I knew exactly where I would be living in the next year.
that I had a puppy to play with when I come home from a long grueling day.
that I had a new phone.

I can't...

really have any of that.

but of course,

the glass is always half full.

I love.

Machinal tech week.
my wonderful roommate, Janine.
feeling healthier by making better choices.
getting to know people in the department who used to just be acquaintences.
staying up late to talk to my friends.
doing something I'm not necessarily good at, but finding some sort of reward in it (stage management).
my friends who support me and love me.
my family.
pretty much the world.

I think I just need more sleep, and a little bit better perspective.

No comments: