Sunday, March 8, 2009

on negativity.

Lately I've started a new life "kick". I know that my kicks rarely last very long, and that they're generally about losing weight or becoming more healthy, but I'm genuinely serious about this one.

I am making an effort to eliminate negative influences from my life.

I'm just so tired of feeling like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I feel like I'm constantly trying to rationalize why I put up with so much bullshit from people around me. From now on, I'm going to surround myself with people who bring me happiness, and not people who bring me grief, make me feel guilty, don't bother to try to understand me, or just generally have a negative attitude towards me.

I'm just tired of it. For the past few months, I've made a genuine attempt to stop talking about people as much as I used to. And I've honestly been happier for it. I've felt a lot less negative about my friends for it too.

I guess a part of it is that I'm too busy to really care that much about "drama" anymore. I'm not saying I don't get mad, and I'm not saying that I don't still get a little judgmental but I am saying that I'm trying to just let things roll off my back more.

At either rate, keeping a positive outlook on life seems to be so important to get through the days lately. They're so long and grueling that I often don't have time to stop and eat, let alone participate in some drama.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm just so ridiculously tired of the constant bogging down negativity in my life. And I refuse to let any of it bring me down.

I am fabulous. I am wonderful. I can do whatever I want - including doing four shows at once and taking fourteen hours of class. I can and will. I will not become a zombie (yet), and I will do it.

I'm taking the world by storm. Positively. No one ever got ahead by sitting on their behind!

our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
-henry david thoreau

No comments: